Friday, November 2, 2012

Days 25-31+1+1 - And all the rest

And all the rest

When one looks at the calendar, one realizes that once the predetermined number of days in a month are over, the next month starts. This is pretty common knowledge and seems to happen pretty regularly. So I thought I should note why I'm on 24 scary movies and not the final 32. Well, between arduous work reports this last week or so and two music festivals, I slightly overestimated my free time. Free time to write, not watch. I hit darn near every day as planned and even have a few extras I'm not going to include for their lameness (looking at you, Red Lights) or lack of application to the project regardless of badassness (Seven Psychopaths). So anyway, here are the remaining films I will include on the count up to/over 32 total:

Abram's Hand (new)
Tomb of the Blind Dead (weird, cult classic, foreign)
Monkey Shines (boxes that scared me)
Orphanage (favorite, foreign)
Mientras Duermes - Sleep Tight (new, foreign)
Beetlejuice (favorite - all time)
Frankenweenie (new)
Trick R Treat (favorite)
Evil Dead 2 (favorite)
V/H/S (new)

Separate from those, I am going to write up a little thing about the recent documentary The American Scream. This is from the same folks that did the wonderful Best Worst Movie. The American Scream chronicles the ups and downs of three families in a small Massachusetts town who are obsessed with Halloween and making their homes into haunted houses. The three families highlighted are of different skill levels and demeanor and the challenges and stresses are different for each but the whole of the film is something very beautiful and true about the way we are and the way we try to be in the face of desire versus reality. It was a truly lovely film and one of my favorites this year, bar none.

Okay, so plan is I'll have these all up by the end of the weekend and the wrap it all up next week. Thanks to anyone and everyone who has taken time to read any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment